Books about Quadra Island, Vancouver Island and the Pacific Northwest.
A few books about Vancouver Island and the Pacific Northwest. This list focuses on memoirs.
- .On Island Time, by Hillary Stewart. Hillary Stewart builds her dream house on Quadra Island.
- Wolves Whales and November Gales by Burton Wohl. An A-list Hollywood screenwriter turns his back on the California rat race and moves to a remote Canadian island.
- The Curve of Time by M. Blanchet A widow and her five children explore the Vancouver Island coast in the 20's and 30's in a 25 foot boat.
- Following the Curve of Time: The Legendary M. Wylie Blanchet by Cathy Converse. The author asks "Who was this woman?" and follows the route of M. Blanchet 60 years later.
- Full Moon, Flood Tide: Bill Proctor's Raincoast, By Bill Proctor. Coastal lore, history and myths. Good campfire stories.
- Heart of the Raincoast, by Alexandra Morton. The old times in British Columbia waters. Good first person account of how fish farms and industrial over fishing decimated the salmon, herring, snapper and cod fisheries.
- Listening to Whales: What the Orcas Have Taught Us By Alexandra Morton. Spellbinding stories about Morton's career in whale and dolphin research and what she has learned from and about these magnificent mammals.
- Upcoast Summers, by Beth Hill. Stories collected by Francis and Amy Barrow between 1933 and 1941 as they explored the west coast in their little boat, searching for and recording First Nations rock art and "yarning" with the homesteaders in remote bays and inlets.
- Views of the Salish Sea, by Howard MacDonald Stewart. 150 years of change in the Salish sea which stretches from Vancouver to Campbell River.
- The Quadra Story, by Jeanette Taylor. History of Quadra Island.
- Tidal Passages by Jeanette Taylor. Best selling history of the Discovery Islands. The companion book to the same author's "The Quadra Story."
- The Inlet: Memoirs of a Modern Pioneer, by Helen Piddington. Artist and her husband move to a remote inlet along the BC coast and raise a family.
- Raincoast Chronicles 23. 40th anniversary edition of classic BC stories. Collected and assembled by the staff and founders of Harbor Publishing over the years.
- Spirit of the Nikkei Fleet: BC's Japanese Canadian Fishermen by Masako Fukawa & Stanley Fukawa. History of Japanese Canadian fishermen.
- The beloved boat that came back from the war: The Soyokaze. Short article in the Campbell River Mirror